Lily:What are you doing,Amy?
你在干什么啊,艾米?
Amy:I am doing the paper-cutting.
我在剪纸.
Lily:Paper-cutting?Where did you learn it?
剪纸?你从哪学来的啊?
Amy:I learned it from my friend.She knows a lot about paper-cutting,and also good at paper-cutting.
从我的一个朋友那学来的.她对剪纸十分了解,而且也很擅长剪纸.
Lily:So you must know a lot about Chinese paper cutting.What do the paper cuts used for?
那你一定知道很多中国剪纸咯!这些剪纸都是用来干什么的呢?
Amy:A little.Today,people often use them for decoration,such as ornament windows,doors,walls and so on.Some people also use them as good gifts
只知道一点点啦.现在,剪纸大部分是用来装饰的,比如装饰窗户、门、墙等等.也有人将它们当作礼物了
Lily:It sounds very interesting.
听起来很有意思.
Amy:What’s more,those paper cuts are not just some beautiful paper cuts.They also have special meanings.They reflect people’s wish for harvest,property,health,happiness and so on.
而且,剪纸可不仅是漂亮的剪纸.它们还有特殊的象征意义.它们反映了人们对丰收,富贵,健康,幸福等的希望.
Lily:Wonderful!So what are you going to cut?
真棒!你打算剪什么呢?
Amy:It is of a boy holding a big fish.
一个男孩抱着一条大鱼.